Best Casino Bonuses & VIP Offers for South African Players
We are among the top sources of online casino bonus information for South African players. If you are looking for the biggest bonus offers and the best welcome packages, your search ends here.
We are home to a team of online casino experts who spend most of their waking hours researching online casinos, online casino games and software providers, bonus codes, and VIP offers. You will find literally everything related to playing for real money at online casinos in South Africa.
TOP-5 Bonus Offers in 2020
Why South African Online Casinos Offer Bonuses
South African online casinos are well-aware of the fact that South Africans are fond of bonus offers and free spins, just like online casino players from the rest of the world. They offer bonus codes and free spins just to make their products all the more attractive.
Here is a list of major reasons for SA online casinos to offer bonus codes:
- Attract New Players – SA online casino players check for bonus offers before signing up at online casinos. Players are naturally attracted to the biggest bonus offers. SA online casinos offer bonus offers simply to attract new players and to expand their customer base.
- Encourage Wagering – Online casinos are aware that new players are reluctant to wager real money on the games. They know that players want the time and opportunity to study their online casino and play the games for free. Bonus offers translate into plenty of free bonus money, which new players can use to wager on the games.
Instead of risking their own funds, players can use the casino’s money to play their favorite online casino games. If they don’t win any cash prize, they don’t lose anything. On the other hand, if they do win, they can withdraw a part of their winnings to their personal accounts after satisfying the wagering requirements.
- Incentives to Play – casinos also know that existing players tend to get bored. They, therefore, design a number of promotional offers to retain player interest and loyalty and to give them an incentive to play. Players love opportunities to boost their bankrolls and online casinos provide these opportunities in the form of reload bonuses, cashback offers, free spins packages, and so on.
Bonus offers look and sound wonderful. Online casinos display their bonus information prominently on their homepages. Often, they use the word “free” in association with their bonus offers.
We caution players not to get misled with the word “free.” The bonus code you redeem is still the casino’s money and you must “earn” it through real money play. You should, therefore, read the bonus terms and conditions carefully before claiming a bonus.
Fortunately for you, our team has done all the hard work of studying bonus offers and their terms & conditions. We recommend online casinos that offer bonus codes with reasonable terms and conditions. You will find it incredibly easy to claim our recommended online casino bonus offers and “earn” them.
Terms & Conditions – Why You Must Read Them
Each bonus offer is associated with its own terms & conditions. These include wagering requirements, country restrictions, game restrictions, wagering restrictions, max cashouts, and many more. You cannot just claim your bonus and take it home. You have to not only use it on the online casino games, but also satisfy the bonus terms & conditions.
Let us try to understand bonus terms & conditions with an example—the Africasino welcome package.
Africasino offers a welcome package of R10,000 plus 100 no wager spins. The term “wager free” indicates that the free spins winnings don’t have any wagering requirements. In other words, you can withdraw your free spins winnings without having to play through them a specific number of times.
The online casino spreads its welcome package of R10,000 plus 100 no wager free spins across your first three deposits as follows:
- 300% up to R6000 plus 20 zero wager free spins
- 50% up to R3000 plus 50 zero wager free spins
- 100% up to R1000 plus 30 zero wager free spins
And here are the terms & conditions associated with this bonus offer:
- A qualifying minimum deposit of R50 is required.
- The zero wager free spins have no wagering requirements.
- You must play your zero wager free spins on a game specified by the online casino.
- You can cancel you bonus by contacting customer care, but before placing any bet.
- The wagering requirement is 45x your bonus amount. This means that you have to wager your bonus money 45 times before you can withdraw your bonus winnings, if any.
- Each game contributes differently to satisfying the bonus requirements.
Types of Casino Bonus Offers
You will find a wide range of bonus offers at our recommended online casinos for South African players, and here is a brief description of each of these offers:
- No Deposit Bonuses – This is the most popular type of online casino bonus offered at SA online casinos. To qualify for this bonus code, you have to create a new account, verify your email address, and login to your newly created account. You don’t have to make any qualifying first deposit.
No-deposit bonuses come in the form of free spins on featured slots or small gifts of cash. Usually, the online casino credits them automatically to players’ accounts. In some cases, players have to enter a bonus code while creating an account or request customer support to credit their bonus.
- First Deposit Bonus – Online casinos give away first deposit bonuses as percentages of players’ first deposit amounts. For example, Silversands Casino offers a first deposit bonus of 100% up to €400. This means that the online casino doubles your first deposit amount. If you deposit €100 in your Silversands Casino gaming account, the online casino will give you 100% of it or €100 as a bonus. This makes a total of €200 in your gaming account.
- Welcome Package – Online casinos give away welcome packages over several deposits. These could be a collection of match bonuses like the one explained above or a collection of match bonuses plus free spins offers.
- Promotional Bonuses – These could be free spins or match bonuses given away as parts of promotions. You will find weekly bonuses, weekend bonuses, free spins bonus codes, and special bonuses at our recommended online casinos.
- Cashback Offers – Online casinos sometimes minimize the risks of online gambling by offering cashback bonuses. These are usually given away as a percentage of the losses you incur at the online casino. To qualify for these bonuses, you will have to make a deposit earlier in the day or week, or month.
- Refer-a-friend Bonuses – A few online casinos reward players for referring friends to the online casino. To qualify for a refer-a-friend bonus, the friend has to first register and make a deposit.
- Birthday Bonus – When you achieve the higher tiers of the online casino’s loyalty scheme or VIP Club, you will qualify for a birthday bonus.
- Anniversary Bonus – As an online casino’s VIP player, you can qualify for an anniversary bonus, which the online casino gives away on the day you made your first deposit.
Your Guide to Claiming TOP Bonuses at Online Casinos
The procedure to claim an online casino bonus varies according to the type of online casino bonus and the online casino that is offering it.
Here are the steps involved with claiming a no-deposit bonus:
- Some online casinos automatically credit the bonus to your account. You just have to sign up and login to your gaming account and you will see your free spins or bonus cash waiting for you.
- If you are signing up through an affiliate site, you have to enter the no-deposit bonus code provided by your affiliate site while signing up.
- Some online casinos ask you to verify your email address and contact live support to claim your bonus.
- Some online casinos provide the no-deposit bonus code through email along with detailed instructions on how to claim the bonus.
Here are the steps involved with claiming a deposit bonus:
- Register a new account and login to your newly created account.
- Navigate to the casino cashier and make the qualifying deposit.
- Choose the bonus you would like to claim from the dropdown menu.
- If you have a bonus code, type it in the field provided.
- You will find bonus codes on the promotions page.
- Some online casinos send bonus codes through email.
- When you have completed these steps, the deposit amount will reflect in your account.
Top-rated SA online casinos also have bonus offers for VIP players. To claim VIP bonuses, which include deposit bonuses, birthday bonuses, cashback offers, anniversary bonuses, and others, you should first become a member of the online casino’s VIP Club.
Most online casino VIP clubs are multi-tiered. When you sign up, the online casino will automatically assign the lowest level to you. To achieve the higher levels and qualify for the VIP offers, you have to earn loyalty points through real money play.
South African Online Casino Bonuses FAQs
Q1: I have successfully cleared a bonus I had claimed. Do I have to submit an ID while requesting payout?
A: Yes, you do. While requesting payout for the first time, you have to submit to the online casino copies of identification documents such as bank statements, latest utility bills, fronts/backs of credit cards, and government-issued photo IDs.
Q2: Why do bonuses have game restrictions?
A: Online casinos do not allow players to use their bonuses on low house edge games such as blackjack and other table games. This is because they do not want players to take advantage of their bonus offers. Usually, online casinos allow players to use their bonus money only on slots because these are chance-based games with a high house edge.
Q3: How do I identify the best casino bonuses?
A: We have already done the hard work for you and listed all the best casino bonus offers. However, if you are eager to identify the best casino bonuses on your own, we suggest reading the terms & conditions. The best bonus is not only big and attractive, but also easy to clear. It has no objectionable or unreasonable terms associated with it.
Q4: Do mobile casinos have bonus offers?
A: Yes, they do. The online casinos we recommend are optimized for mobile play and their bonus offers are available to mobile players as well. Some casinos offer special mobile bonuses to players who prefer to play on the move.
Q5: I don’t want to receive a bonus. What should I do?
A: Online casinos never force their players to receive a bonus. You can always contact customer support and inform them that you have no desire to receive a bonus.
Final Thoughts – Claim Your Bonus Offer Now
To claim a bonus offer, you just have to sign up at one of our recommended online casinos for South African players. Although we list only those bonus offers with reasonable wagering terms, we still recommend that you read the bonus terms & conditions before claiming a bonus. This will save you from disappointment in the future.
You can easily use a bonus to boost your bankroll and make online casino profits. A number of smart players have already done it. If you are wondering how to do it, here are a few tips to consider:
- Read the fine print. The secret to making the most of a bonus offer is in the fine print.
- To clear your bonus faster, play only games that contribute 100% to clearing your bonus.
- Place multiple small bets instead of a few big ones to clear your bonus faster and still make a profit.
Sign up at one of our recommended online casinos for South African players and claim your bonus now. We wish you plenty of luck with your bonuses.