The Best Online Casinos in South Africa: TOP Casino Offers
You are at one of the best online casino gambling guides for South African players. We are a team of South African online casino experts who spend most of their time researching online casinos, bonus offers, and online casino games. We have researched, reviewed, and rated top online casinos for SA players.
Find the biggest and the best SA online casino bonus offers, learn about the latest online casino games, and get answers to the following questions on this page:
- Which are the best online casinos for a resident of South Africa?
- Is it legal to play real money online casino games in South Africa?
- What are online casino bonuses and where do I find them?
- How do I deposit money into South African online casinos and withdraw winnings?
- Which are the top South African online casinos for free spins, bonus offers, and games from multiple providers?
Best SA Online Casinos to Play for Real Money
South African online casino players can rest assured that they will find plenty of reputed, licensed, and well-regulated online casinos to play at. Below is an exhaustive list of the best online casinos for you.
The internet casinos we have listed here accept players from South Africa and allow them to deposit, wager, and withdraw winnings in ZAR. They offer toll-free telephonic support to South African players and design promotions customized to South African tastes and preference.
You can rest assured of a safe and secure casino gaming environment if you sign up at one of our selected online casinos.
How We Choose Online Casinos
We consider a variety of factors while choosing online casinos. We never choose them at random, but spend several days researching their games, software platforms, licensing, ownership, support for responsible gambling, mobile compatibility, availability of dedicated apps, customer support, rewards for loyalty, and so on.
An online casino has to be really good to make it to our list of recommended gambling websites for South African players. Here is a list of factors we consider before reviewing, rating, and recommending casinos:
- Ownership– We never recommend shady, unknown casinos. So, you will find only reputed brands that belong to well-known, experienced, and financially sound companies.
- Licensing– The best SA online casinos are those licensed in trustworthy and reputed jurisdictions such as UK, Alderney, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, and others.
- Software Platform– The best casinos partner with top software providers such as Microgaming, Playtech, RTG, Rival, and others to give players a robust gaming software platform.
- Game Selection– Playing at online casinos that offer too few games or focus only on a particular game category tends to get monotonous. So, we select online gambling websites that offer huge libraries of different types of games such as online slots, jackpot games, table & card games, scratchcards, and specialty games.
- Mobile Play– Since we are well aware of the fact that South African players love to play on the go, we recommend only online casinos that are optimized for smartphones and tablets.
- Bonus Offers & Free Spins– The best online casinos offer bonuses that are not only large, but also easy to clear. While recommending bonus offers, we check their terms and conditions for unacceptable and unreasonable clauses.
- Promotions & VIP programs– Our recommended online casinos that give existing players plenty of incentives such as cashback offers, reload bonuses, rewards, free spins, tournaments, and prize draws.
- Customer Support– The best SA online casinos offer 24/7 customer support through email, live chat, and toll-free lines.
- Payout Options– Our recommended online casinos offer payout options that are safe, secure, and convenient for South African players to use.
- Fast Payouts– Sign up at one of our listed casinos and you will never have to wait long for your winnings.
Our Selection Top 5 ZAR Casinos
All our listed ZAR online casinos are good to sign up at, but the following are the top five when it comes to software and game selection, bonus offers, free spins, and customer support.
At the time of writing, the total jackpot value at Silversands Casino is €3,176,789.00 and rising. Plus, the online casino offers a bonus of 100% up to €1000. You have the option of playing on the download or instant play platforms.
The online casino operates on the RTG software platform under a license granted by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. The fact that it has partnered with testing facilities such as TST and iTech Labs makes it all the more trustworthy.
Based on the African safari theme, Africasino.co.za has been designed exclusively for South African online casino players. Sign up to claim a welcome bonus of up to R10,000 plus 100 no-wager spins. Africasino supports Bitcoin, offers games from multiple providers, and operates under a license granted in Curacao.
A warm welcome bonus of up to R10,000 is waiting for you at Thunderbolt Casino, which offers exciting RTG games such as Fantasy Mission Force and Kung Fu Rooster. You just have to sign up to get started and claim exciting weekend and special bonus offers. The online casino is CDS certified and has a special feature called Thunderblog, through which it offers the latest news and casino updates.
Desert Nights Casino
Desert Nights Casino welcomes you with a welcome bonus of 250% and takes you into the enchanting world of the Arabian Nights. Its game library includes titles from Saucify, Rival, and Betsoft.
You can play on the download and instant play platforms and get instant help through live chat. Some of the newest games at Desert Nights are Tomahawk, Tales of Time Travel, Samba Spins, Monkey Business, and Wolf Street.
Punt.co.za welcomes South African players with a warm welcome bonus of R10,000, spread across their first three deposits. The online casino runs on RTG’s download and instant play software platform and offers jackpot games such as Jackpot Piñatas, Aztec’s Millions, and Shopping Spree. The total jackpot value at punt.co.za is R66,876,139.50 and rising. Punt Casino supports responsible gambling and bears the Central Dispute System (CDS) certificate.
The Legalities – What South African Online Gambling Laws Say
Ever since South African brought its Gambling Act into force in 1965, the South African gambling industry has undergone several changes.
A 2004 update to the Gambling Act of 1965 imposed a blanket ban on online gambling. The country updated it further in 2011 to clarify that online gambling continues to remain illegal in South Africa.
But that doesn’t stop several online casinos from supporting ZAR and accepting players from South Africa. These online casinos are based in remote jurisdictions and operate under valid licenses.
So, is it legal for South African players to play online casino games? We cannot provide a clear yes or no to this question. The simple truth is the South African does not legalize, license, or authorize any company or individual to run online casino gaming services within its borders. All the online casinos we recommend for South African players operate from remote jurisdictions. While they are not licensed in South Africa, they operate under valid licenses from gambling jurisdictions such as UK, Malta, Alderney, Gibraltar, Costa Rica, Curacao, Kahnawake, and others.
Will you get punished for playing at any of our recommended online casinos? So far, the government of South Africa hasn’t penalized any of its citizens for playing at offshore online casinos. As long as you stick to our selected casinos, you can enjoy a safe, secure, and legal online gambling experience.
You should be at least 18 to play for real money in South Africa. You can win and withdraw as much as you can possibly can. Your winnings are all yours as you don’t have to pay any taxes on them. This is because you are playing at online casinos that do not come under the reach of South African law.
Best South African Casino Bonuses – Top 3 Bonus Offers for VIP Players
South African online casinos are quite generous with their bonus offers. In fact, we have taken care to select SA online casinos with the most generous bonus offers.
So once you sign up at one of our recommended online casinos for SA players, you can claim a variety of bonus offers such as no-deposit free spins and cash bonuses, deposit bonuses, welcome packages, matched bonuses, loyalty bonuses, promotional bonuses, refer-a-friend bonuses, anniversary bonuses, cashback offers, and many more.
Online casinos make it a point to offer generous bonuses because they know that it is the only way to attract new players and give existing ones an incentive to play. However, before claiming a bonus offer, you must read its terms & conditions. This is because the bonus money that the online casino gives you is not really free. You have to “earn” it by satisfying the wagering conditions.
Here are a few common bonus terms & conditions you will come across at SA online casinos:
- Some bonuses are country specific.
- You cannot use your bonus money or free spins on any game of your choice, but only on a game or games specified by the online casino.
- Sometimes, the online casino establishes a maximum bet amount for its bonus offers.
- Bonus money and free spins winnings are subject to wagering requirements.
- Wagering requirements are multiplier values denoting the number of times you should playthrough your bonus money or free spins winnings before being allowed to withdraw your bonus winnings.
- Some bonus offers are wager-free, which means that they do not have any wagering requirements.
- You can withdraw only that amount of your bonus winnings specified by the online casino. This is called max cashout.
Before recommending online casinos and bonus offers for our South African players, we read the terms & conditions thoroughly. We just don’t recommend bonus offers with unreasonable bonus terms and conditions.
The following are our top three bonus offers for South African players. These bonus offers are not only large, but also easy to clear.
Welcomes its new players with a no-deposit bonus of 20 free spins. You don’t have to make a qualifying deposit to claim this bonus. You can use your free spins on Age of the Gods slots games.
When you make your first deposit at Casino.com, you will get 180 free spins plus a match bonus of 100% up to $400.
The terms & conditions are quite reasonable:
- The bonus offers applies only to new customers
- You get your 180 first deposit free spins at the rate of 20 per day for nine days after your make your first deposit.
- Free spins winnings have a wagering requirement of 20x.
- You can withdraw up to $100 as free spins winnings.
- You have to rollover your deposit bonus amount 40 times.
#2 Yebo Casino
Yebo Casino welcomes players from South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland, and Angola with 50 no-deposit free spins, which they can use on Caesar’s Empire. To claim their free spins, players have to open a Yebo Casino account, contact the online casino’s live support team, and verify their account details.
Moreover, you can claim welcomes bonuses of up to R12,000 on your first three deposits, as follows:
- 150% up to R2,250 on your first deposit
- 75% up to R3,750 on your second reload
- 50% up to R6000 on your third deposit
#3 Europa Casino
Europa Casino welcomes South African players with a bonus of R24,000. The online casino spreads out its bonus across your first and second deposit amounts. In addition, the online casino offers monthly bonuses, weekly bonuses, comp points for real money play, refer-a-friend bonuses, and free spins packages every Tuesday.
Of course, terms & conditions do apply, but we have made a careful study of them to ensure that there is nothing unreasonable and contradictory about them. You can easily use Europa Casino bonuses to your advantage.
Play Online Slots for Real Money
You can play online slots at South African online casinos for fun as well as real money. Some casinos allow you to play their games in the demo mode without registering an account. But most casinos want you to open an account first.
Opening an account at our recommended ZAR online casinos is as simple as filling in an online registration form, accepting the privacy statement and the terms & conditions, and verifying your email address.
Once you have opened an account and logged in, you can access the game lobby and play the online casino games for fun or real money. Our recommended online casinos for South African players offer a variety of options, as follows:
To play on the download casino, you have to first download and install the software client. To initiate the download process, you have to click on the Download button on the casino website and follow the prompts that appear on your screen.
When you have successfully downloaded and installed the software client, you will see a shortcut on your desktop. You have to double click on this shortcut to launch the online casino and start playing the games.
Instant Play Casino
This online gambling software platform allows you to play the games right in your browser. You just have to sign up to get started. Since it is based on HTML5 technology, it allows you to access the games across multiple devices, channels, browsers, and operating systems. Instant play platforms function without any software download.
As far as game libraries are concerned, online casinos can be categorized into two:
Single Provider Casinos
These are casinos that partner with only one software provider such as Microgaming, Playtech, Rival, or Real Time Gaming (RTG). They also offer games from only that provider. As a result, the game library is smaller. If you want to play games from any other vendor, you have to sign up at an online casino that offers games from that vendor.
Multi Provider Online Casinos
These are instant play or browser-based casinos that partner with multiple vendors to give you a wider range of slots, table & card games, video poker games, arcade games, specialty games, and scratchcard games to choose from.
Although we have recommended a fair share of single-provider online casinos, we prefer instant play casinos that offer games from multiple vendors.
The following are our top three multi-provider online casinos:
Genesis Casino offers live dealer games, video slots, table games, jackpot games, roulette games, scratchcards, and online slots from Red Tiger, NetEnt, NYX Gaming Group, Yggdrasil, Oryx Gaming, Quickspin, PlayNGo, Microgaming, and Evolution Gaming.
To start playing, you just have to create an account; you don’t have to download any gaming software or native app. And you can play for fun or real money on desktops, Mac computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
Sloty Casino calls itself the “City of Slots.” Its game library includes the choicest titles from Evolution Gaming, NYX Gaming Group, NetEnt, Quickspin, PlayNGo, Yggdrasil, Red Tiger, and Oryx Gaming.
Since Sloty is an instant play casino, no download is required to get started. You just have to open an account to play video slots, live dealer games, jackpot games, and roulette games for fun or real money. Some of the most popular games at Sloty Casino are Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Vikings Go Berzerk, and Rich Wilde and the Book of Dead.
The Sloty.com game lobby also includes a category called Must Fall Jackpots, which includes exciting games such as Gemtastic, Mayan Gods, Tiki Fruits, and Wild Circus, each of which have enormous jackpots.
Desert Nights Casino
Based on the Arabian Nights theme, Desert Nights Casino offers games from three vendors. Although it operates on the Rival gaming software platform, it offers a selection of games not only from Rival, but also Saucify and Betsoft. Once signed up at Desert Nights Casino, you can either download and install the software client or play in your browser.
Desert Nights Casino’s selection of games includes Rival’s interactive slots, online slots, table games, jackpot games, video poker games, and specialty games. Some of the most popular games in its portfolio are Diamond Dragon, Tycoon Towers, Catsino, and Wheel of Cash.
Also, you can win some life-transforming prizes by spinning the reels of jackpot slots such as Strike Gold, Jackpot 5x Wins, Major Moolah, Money Magic, and others.
South Africa Casino Payment Methods
The best thing about South Africa facing online casinos is that they offer a wide range of banking methods that are familiar, safe, reliable, and easy to use, as follows:
- Credit and Debit Cards– You can use Visa, Amex, Diners Club, and MasterCard credit and debit cards for deposits and withdrawals.
- Bank Transfer– South African online casinos offer several ways of transferring funds between gaming accounts and bank accounts. You can choose from SID Instant EFT, Internet Bank Transfers, and Easy EFTs, all of which are easy ways of making payments into your online casino gaming account.
- EntroPay – This is a Visa virtual credit card that works just like any debit card.
- Electronic Wallets– You can use electronic wallets such as Skrill, Neteller, and EcoPayz to make online casino deposits and withdrawals.
You can rest assured that banking is safe and secure at all our recommended SA online casinos because they implement the latest encryption, data protection, and firewall technologies.
SA Online Casino FAQs
Q1: Which casino operators are the most popular in SA?
A: All our listed online casinos enjoy a lot of popularity in SA.
Q2: Is it safe to play at online casinos in South Africa?
A: Absolutely! Online casinos implement the latest security technologies. In addition, they verify player details on sign up and at the time of withdrawing winnings. They also conduct age verification checks to discourage minors from signing up.
Q3: How do I make sure that an SA online casino is safe and secure?
A: Being opening an account, make sure that the online casino is licensed and certified by reputed authorities such as eCOGRA, CDS, and others.
Q4: How do I identify a rogue site or a blacklisted online casino?
A: Rogue sites are those that operate without a valid license, fail to provide the proper customer support, and cheat players of their winnings.
Q5: Which are the most popular online casino games in South Africa?
A: South African players love slots such as Thunderstruck and Jack and the Beanstalk. They also enjoy classic table games such as blackjack and roulette. Our recommended SA online casinos offer all these games and many more.
Q6: Can I play on the move?
A: All our recommended online casinos are optimized for play on mobile devices. Some of them offer dedicated apps for Android and iOS. But most of them support browser-based play.
Q7: Does mobile gambling use too much data?
A: If you want to save data while playing online casino games on the move, avoid downloading software programs, games, and apps. If you stick to browser-based mobile casino, you don’t have to worry about data usage.
Just make sure that your Internet connectivity is uninterrupted. As far as possible, play on a Wi-Fi connection. If Wi-Fi is not available, you can use a 3G or 4G connection as well.
Q8: Do I have to download any software to play online casino games?
A: You do not have to download any software programs to play online casino games. Some of our recommended online casinos have download options, but you are free to use their instant play platforms.
In fact, downloading casino gaming software clients has now gone out of fashion. Players prefer playing multi-provider online casinos in their browser and on the move. They like the idea of being able to access their gaming accounts on any device of their choice, at any time, and anywhere. Instant play casinos allow them to do all this, which is why we have taken care to recommend instant play casinos.
Responsible Gambling – How to Play Responsibly
Ideally, you should have fun while playing online casino games for real money. When online gambling stops being fun, it should be taken as a sign of trouble.
Even before you sign up at an online casino, you must understand that it is easy to get addicted to gambling. You can easily lose track of your time and money and end up losing your entire bankroll. For this reason, licensed online casinos are required by the law to alert players about the dangers associated with gambling online.
Almost all our recommended online casinos for SA players offer the following tips:
- Never gamble away funds you just cannot lose. Never use funds set aside for important things such as education, paying bills, and others at online casinos.
- Gamble moderately. Establish control over your gambling sessions.
- Gamble for entertainment alone and never to make profits.
- Never chase your losses.
- Use the online casino’s gambling management tools to limit your deposits, bets, and gaming sessions.
- Use tools such as self-exclusion, time-out, and cool-off whenever you feel that you are gambling excessively.
- If you feel that you have totally lost control, contact the online casino’s customer support for guidance.
Licensed and reputed online casinos support responsible gambling and have responsible gambling policies, through which they create awareness about problem gambling and the dangers of getting addicted to gambling. They are also required by the law to provide some or all of the following gambling management tools:
- Setting Limits– Our recommended online casinos allow you to set daily, weekly, and monthly deposit limits. You can change these limits whenever you please.
- Self-assessment Tests or Quizzes– You can take a self-assessment test or quiz to ascertain the extent of your control over your gambling activities.
- Reality Checks– Request the online casino to give you a reality check every hour so that you can easily track how much you are winning or losing.
- Time-out and Cool-off– If you feel that you are gambling more than you should, you can use the time-out and cool-off features to take a short break.
- Self-exclusion– If things have gone totally out of control, you can request the online casino to exclude you from its services for a period of up to one year.
- Prevention of Underage Gambling– Online casinos that support responsible gambling encourage you to use Internet filtering software such as Cyber Patrol and Net Nanny to protect minors from gambling sites.
- Partnerships with Non-profit Organizations– They also partner with non-profit organizations that support problem gamblers. For example, Africasino has partnered with Gambling Therapy, GamCare, Gordon Moody Association, and Global Gambling Guidance Group.
In addition, South Africa has the following organizations that provide support and assistance for problem gamblers and their families:
- National Responsible Gambling Programme (NRGP)– The NRGP integrates treatment, counseling, public awareness, research, monitoring, and industry training. A public-private sector partnership of industry representatives and government regulators controls the program. It has a toll-free multilingual helpline that operates 24/7 throughout the country.
- South African Responsible Gambling Foundation of the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board not only treats problem gambling, but also offers a counseling line that is available 24/7.
It has mental health professionals who provide support, free information, face-to-face counseling, and assessment free of charge. If you feel that you have become a problem gambler, you can call the helpline 0800-006-008 or the telephone number 011-026-7323 or you can send an email to [email protected].
We have provided valuable, authentic, and exhaustive information on playing for real money at South Africa facing online casino. Once you have read this page, you will feel confident about signing up at an online casino, making deposits, and claiming bonus offers.
We strongly recommend signing up at one of the online casinos in our list. We wish you all the best and encourage you to have fun while sticking to your bankroll limits.